Thursday, August 21, 2008

Les Miserable

Photobucket

Life here in Dallas is so Droll. I don't care for it. Everyone in this big town is so focused on themselves and promoting their own agendas they don't respect one another unless it helps them achieve their agendas.

I am thinking of moving to another place. I love being near my niece and nephew, and family but the rest of my life is miserable. and there comes a time in life when you have to weigh your prospects.

I have achieved nothing in my life. I am 34 years old and still live at home with my father footing the majority of my support. I work as nurse's aide taking orders from upstart people that are 5-10 years younger then me. At one point I thought I wanted to be a nurse but I am not so sure of that any more.
I have no education. what I achieved in high school I have forgotten due to laps of time. I have had a almost phobia of school since high school so I have not tried to advance my formal education. I don't think I'm stupid. I read and keep up on current events, but when it comes to arithmetic, biology, and grammar. I am greatly lacking.

Because I am lacking in those skills I have not been able to achieve or even establish goals that require higher education. Until then I continue to work at menial labor and because of the economy am a burden to my father.

Photobucket

Because of all this I have resolved to further my education. I want to start slowly perhaps 2-3 classes in the spring semester. Just basic classes Probably remedial things to bring me up to date on my stupidity. But I think I have searched my soul and found what I think I would be good at.

Photobucket

I think I would be a good History teacher. History is one of my major interests and I can see myself teaching history at a middle sized college. To achieve this goal seems daunting to me. The amount of education it requires is staggering Most colleges require their teachers to have a masters degree. that could take up to 10 years to achieve. I would be 44 by the time I could start teaching.

BUT it is a goal and in my life I have not had many dreams or goals to work toward. It is time that I start working toward something.

I don't know how I will do it. Go to school and support myself. I imagine I will still have to sponge off my father but hopefully that will put me in a position that I can take care of him one day. and be happy with myself while doing it. I am tired of feeling like my life is empty and has no meaning.

Please tell me what you think I value your input.



May you always know peace and love in your heart and in your mind All the days of your life.

Christopher McLaughlin

No comments: