Friday, August 15, 2008

Photobucket

People with good sense restrain their anger; they earn esteem by overlooking wrongs.

Proverbs 19:11


OK This is a good piece of advice to follow. And I have started my day off wrong by getting angry. I woke up at 3:30 am an was at the gym by 4:15 only to find that my little card Delly that is supposed to open the door didn't work. I know my dues are paid up and I have had a problem with this before where the gym people had to reset my card. But for some reason this morning it just really pissed me off. I need to get into Yoga so I can learn how to meditate and center myself and not let things like this get to me. Everyone says I am being overly sensitive now adays. Anyhow

I needed to write this to vent my anger and annoyance at not getting to work out. So I will now sit here for an hour and wait to get ready for work. of which working out I have found helps relieve the stress of.

"God give me strength today to hold my temper send your grace down on me and calm my soul as not to effect others around me. I ask this in Christ name. Amen"

Heres some interesting sayings about Anger:

~Anger is one letter short of Danger.~

~ Hot words never result in cool judgment.~

~ Those who control their anger have great understanding; those with hasty tempers will make mistakes. Solomon, Proverbs 14:29 ~

~ He who has a sharp tongue soon cuts his own throat.~

~If you speak when you are angry you will make the best speach you will ever regret.~

~ When Angry count to 10 before you speak; if very angry, count to a hundred. Thomas Jefferson ~

~ Anger is momentary madness, so control your passion or it will control you. Horace ~

~ Anger makes your mouth work faster then your mind. ~


Anger does not pay

Anger is red danger
But a familiar stranger

So It came as no surprise
At the times I have paid the price
More than the usual thrice
Before becoming very wise

The judge said
I should have been put in a cage
If one considers all the damage
I brought on with my rage

I knew
My anger was unreasonable
My anger was invincible
My anger was uncontrollable
But still very reversible

You see
In anger I always surrender
To the pressure I am under

In anger, I ungraciously lose
To the one I righteously accuse

In anger, I immoderately protest
Instead of letting things rest
Then trying responsibly to digest
And deal with issues best

So I say, So I say
Anger does not pay
Anger does not stay
Delay it from display
In time it will only go away

Now I know that
Anger does not pay
Anger does not stay
Calmness you should play
Before you begin to fall astray

Copyright 2006 - Sylvia Chidi

www.sylviachidi.com

Sylvia Chidi

No comments: